The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-replied-that-i-had-dropped-my-ballot-in-an-34650904.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: 62MM have voted already Date:  10/26/2020  8:05 PM
Author:  wolferd1 Number:  137306 of 138127

I replied that I had dropped my ballot in an official drop box because that was the closest option. But I actually requested an early ballot in August, then filled it out when I received it in early September.(same as vote by mail in NC and you don't need a reason to request one).

After I filled it out I actually dropped it off at the Board of Elections. So my vote was history long before debates and the intense political ads.

No mail, no dropbox. I put it in the hands of the worker and she got my information that I had to sign.

And in NC they count them when they are received. so except for those that will be postmarked in time but won't arrive until after November 3, they should have results the night of the election here.

Talking with friends who voted early in person, the vote early lines were very long the first day or two, but very little waiting a week later.
But I don't live in NY, or even Raleigh or Charlotte.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us