The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/it-really-shows-the-strength-of-this-board-that-we-34673733.aspx

Subject:  Re: Magnite Making Its Move Date:  11/20/2020  10:38 AM
Author:  mekong22 Number:  73632 of 78024

It really shows the strength of this board that we were able to look and earnings, collaborate, discuss, and come to the right conclusions seemingly faster than the rest of the market, which is especially true for a company like Magnite that has probably been underfollowed historically tho I don’t think that will be the case for much longer.

The past five days have been fun if you are an MGNI owner with pretty nice upward moves all but one day:

+9.3%
+6.1%
-2.4%
+10.2%
+17.5%

And it was initially up another +5% this morning, tho it has pulled back a little in the past hour

It may just be a coincidence but that string of increases started with the day Disney announced earnings on Nov 12. They had already announced earlier that they were expediting the move to streaming (Magnite runs the ad platform for Disney+ and Hulu) which was one big part of the reasoning why I was buying MGNI two weeks ago.

Disney more recently announced that three feature films, Cruella, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan and Wendy will all launch on streaming rather than debuting them in theaters, which will only be good news for Magnite.

Thanks again to everyone that chimed in on the discussions, especially rockleppard and analogkid for mentioning this company initially on the TTD earnings thread, without which, MGNI probably never would have been on my radar to look into. I mostly bought regular shares but I picked up a few June calls (the furthest that were available) that are now up +140% already in a little over a week! And even after the recent run, I still think today’s price for Magnite is going to look really cheap a year or two from now.

-mekong
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us