The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i39m-not-sure-if-20-top-line-grower-is-34678322.aspx

Subject:  Re: Magnite Making Its Move Date:  11/25/2020  5:58 PM
Author:  rockleppard Number:  73743 of 78023

I'm not sure if 20% top-line grower is something which meaningfully will contribute to our portfolio returns? I think Magnite should be growing at least in 30s or 40s in order to provide real alpha to the board's portfolios. Yes, the multiple was and still is relatively low and looks like the market is starting to price the company higher based on CTV expansion trends.

LearningInvest0r -

The share price accumulation you see is in anticipation of significant growth acceleration for Q4 20 and forward. It is clear that CTV advertising is increasingly necessary to reach today's audience (vs. traditional TV and other means), and we are in the midst of that transformation as we speak. This is not about the past, it is about expectations for the future of programmatic advertising being centralized amongst the key players as: (a)walled garden of GOOG, FB, and (b)non-walled garden of TTD, MGNI as DSP/SSP leaders.

Hope this helps.

Fool on!
-Rockleppard
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us