The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/not-to-give-an-excuse-to-pton-on-this-but-i-have-34678721.aspx

Subject:  Re: PTON's ongoing shipping trouble Date:  11/26/2020  10:10 AM
Author:  remmdawg Number:  73776 of 77914

Not to give an excuse to PTON on this but I have yet to a company that gives a realistic delivery date to what is shown on the website when ordering (outside of comidity items through Amazon). The Lead time for most products are a static value assigned in the DATEBASE to that particular part with all sorts of other values like weights and measurements. The lead time seldom gets updated except through a quarterly review and nobody wants to extend the date The actual delivery date assigned only happens when the order gets placed and the system does a real query to availability.

I have heard so many complaints about this at previous companies and it often is wrong on both sides. I customer checks the portal to find 4 weeks for something they need urgently so they make a call to the sales rep or customer service only to find it is available in 3 days.

Yes. And this seems to be significantly worse in a pandemic. If you add in the unprecedented surge in demand, I don't think it's reasonable to judge a company like PTON on this issue under current conditions. Just my two cents.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us