The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/something-religious-leaders-want-to-oppose-34679059.aspx

Subject:  Re: SCOTUS - the path forward Date:  11/26/2020  10:11 PM
Author:  flyerboys Number:  532619 of 535906

something religious leaders want to oppose knowing they will have to face their members when some lose family, friends and fellow worshipers because they packed churches and synagogues?

My church in Los Angeles has had only zoom services since the pandemic started, as have most of the “main line” protestant including AME and National Baptist, and the RC churches and Reform and Conservative synagogues. The funeral of a very loved and important member of my church had only clergy and immediate family in the church and the rest of us zoomed in. Our zoom in cookies and coffee sessions and Bible studies have better attendance than we had in the flesh.

Then there are the others — and they use the emotions of loss to prove and build still more blind faith!

David fb
(My church explicitly says our mission is service in love and not blind faith)(Granny told me “If it smells of piety then it STINKS of piety.”)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us