The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/id-like-to-chime-in-here-one-lets-all-agree-34679067.aspx

Subject:  Re: PTON's ongoing shipping trouble Date:  11/26/2020  11:04 PM
Author:  2001Cobra Number:  73788 of 77930

I’d like to chime in here. One, let’s all agree that demand causing shipping delays is “mostly” a good thing. And, I believe management that COVID and lockdowns are probably a large reason for the delays and long wait times...

Two, my wife used the App with my old exercise bike for a while and then felt she was missing the true experience. I subsequently purchased her a bike. The results? My wife has now lost 30 pounds in 5 months! She loves it and is always telling me her class statistics (speed, resistance, leaderboard)...

Then, since she could see the instructions she started wanting the clothes. So, 5 months later I have literally purchased multiple $150 outfits from PTON. Why? Because as she slimmed down she needed smaller sizes. Now, she did sell her old sizes online to recoup some money...

The real question, and one I can’t answer, is how many people will return to the gym. How many will continue to workout at home and save the travel time to and from the gym. Or, as as happened to me, be happy they didn’t go to the spin class only to find no bikes available because the class was full. Or the treadmills were taken. Or as a woman, perhaps they just want to workout without judgement or men checking them out or hitting on them...

I do think many will return to the gym but in a more hybrid approach. The gym obviously has more equipment and it’s nice to socialize and sometimes just leave the house. So, my best analogy is the shift to streaming at home. I still like to go to the movies but also love to stream movies from the comfort of my home. I love doing both. There is room for both...

Cobra 🐍
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us