The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/as-a-secularist-i-understand-that-i-fail-to-feel-34679151.aspx

Subject:  Re: SCOTUS - the path forward Date:  11/27/2020  7:59 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  532622 of 535463

As a secularist, I understand that I fail to feel the emotional pull of the church and of the joy worshiping in the company of fellow faithful. I get that being able to be in the company of fellow Christians and Jews is important in the cause of religious practice. But is a temporary restriction such as this something religious leaders want to oppose knowing they will have to face their members when some lose family, friends and fellow worshipers because they packed churches and synagogues?

Of course they will because it’s a hoax. Fake news. And if someone dies it’s the will of God anyway. And he works in mysterious ways. And he was born from a virgin that he impregnated himself. And fed 10,000 people with a loaf of bread and a fish.

And died for our sins, even though he can’t really die. And was incarnated even though he didn’t die.

You think a worldwide pandemic is going to convince these people of anything?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us