The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/rather-reflects-on-a-horrible-chaotic-year-34679710.aspx

Subject:  Rather Reflects on A Horrible Chaotic Year Date:  11/27/2020  10:18 PM
Author:  worknomore Number:  2338384 of 2368331

"Dan Rather Reflects On 2020, Trump's Legacy And The Deep And Wide Divisions Of America"

(From his interview with WaPo last Monday)

On the board cued pandemic response: "It led to an outburst of misinformation and lies spreading faster than mildew in a damp basement."

On Trump:

It is very difficult to imagine that history is going to be anything but exceptionally harsh on President Trump. He attacked anybody and everybody who disagreed with him, including members of the judiciary, members of Congress, and the press. He did immense damage to the institutions, and that damage can’t be repaired very easily.

On division: the fact that a large share of Americans still voted for Trump gave him pause....

...If you read the election returns, there were more than 70 million people who voted to return Donald Trump to the presidency. This has me rethinking how really deep and wide our divisions are. I’m sorry to say that, and I’d love to be proven wrong, but I think the election speaks loud and clear.

://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/dan-rather-deep-and-wide-divisions-of...
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us