The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/that-will-depend-on-who-wants-to-stop-the-virus-34679797.aspx

Subject:  Re: They can't both be right Date:  11/28/2020  2:17 AM
Author:  JohnEBgood Number:  2338393 of 2368438

That will depend on who wants to stop the virus cold and damn the cost to the economy and the one that sees the societal costs of lock downs. Little things like mental health, business failures, drug use, etc.

First of all, nobody is going to "stop the virus cold." In Europe, shutdowns have caused a dramatic reduction in the spread of the virus, but only after a huge number of deaths.

In our country, no such shutdown has ever occurred. I live in New York, and our shutdowns were not pleasant, but believe me, life went on.

Were you in favor of the motorcycle rally in Sturgis, SD? Was that good for business? How about mental health, drug use, etc? So the rally was actually a health rally?

I don't know about you, but watching people get poked in the nose, put on ventilators, and dying has a terrible effect on my mental health.
Maybe the liberal press should stop showing this stuff??????
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us