The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/considering-that-do-you-consider-investing-in-34679819.aspx

Subject:  Re: QuantumScape (QS) Solid State Batteries Date:  11/28/2020  4:43 AM
Author:  captainccs Number:  116780 of 117759

Considering that do you consider investing in this space?
Could QS be the leader in this space?.
I do not know much about batteries but will be interestingto find out what seperate this company from its competitors and who exactly is the competitor.

Good question! Innovation in auto-making is happening at warp speed in batteries, materials, manufacturing methods, charging, marketing and even in raising capital. One hundred years ago there were hundreds of car brands and most are distant memories. Creative destruction. As investors we don't want to be in the "destruction" part of the equation.

Posted to the Gilder forum - 3/31/2001
The Internet and the Telecosm are alive and well.

Since I assembled this collection of links to vintage cars a year and a half ago, many of the links have died or disappeared. I have updated some and removed others so that you don't waste your time going to dead links. Enjoy! Denny, Oct 10, 2002.

https://softwaretimes.com/files/the%20internet%20and%20the%2...

The Crystal Ball is a hoax! There is no way to predict the future. We can only know what is happening in the present. Unless you are an Angel or Venture Capital investor you have no business buying these startups, no matter how beguiling the Siren Song, until they prove themselves. The good news is that there is a tried and true method of detecting the right time to invest, after the industry, innovation, or product has Crossed The Chasm.

Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey A. Moore, Regis McKenna (Foreword)

Here is the bestselling guide that created a new game plan for marketing in high-tech industries. Crossing the Chasm has become the bible for bringing cutting-edge products to progressively larger markets. This edition provides new insights into the realities of high-tech marketing, with special emphasis on the Internet. It's essential reading for anyone with a stake in the world's most exciting marketplace.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC119W/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?...

Investing is not a get rich game for most of us, it's build your nest, build your old age safety net game. Back in 2000 I decided to double my portfolio just one more time before retiring, it had been so so easy! Instead I lost 90%. I have yet to recover! At least I was not stupid enough to mortgage my home to buy even more stock on margin so I survived.

I'll be posting more EV innovations because they are very interesting but that does not make them investible until after they have crossed the chasm. In the case of QuantumScape I wrote:

In the linked article the CEO says that VW will that using the new solid state batteries in 2025 and that gives Tesla a four year lead.

In four years QuantumScape might be a memory like most of the cars of a century ago.

Denny Schlesinger
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us