The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/draj-thanks-for-your-postings-on-se-as-this-stock-34685736.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sea Ltd Date:  12/4/2020  7:39 PM
Author:  Iamnzane Number:  74061 of 78553

draj,
Thanks for your postings on SE as this stock is a bit of an orphan on this message board. SE is my largest position since last April at >10%. SE has the pedigree, backers, management, and legs to perform for a long time. Many folks are uncomfortable investing beyond our borders. I am married to a Thai for 35 years so I have spent a lot of time in that part of the world so kind of understand the culture, politics, and economics of many of the SE Asia countries. So I very much have my eyes open and recognize how the Shopee/Money fits with the culture. Actually my wife initially said the model would never work and implied I was a dumb farang (foreigner in Thai). But after a few heated debates, she is got on board and also is an investor. I think a lot of MF people have missed this one but I believe there is still plenty of upside in the coming year. This is a narrative story stock like many stocks recommended on this board. Just keep an eye on the growth rates of Shopee and any slowdown in Garena gaming.

-zane
-long SE
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us