The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Blogs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-if-anyone-should-happen-to-glance-through-34724661.aspx

Subject:  Re: LOL Well that happened...now what? Economic Date:  1/17/2021  6:28 AM
Author:  notyouagain Number:  455 of 501

Well. If anyone should happen to glance through these old blogs...I'm asking...again...if you are among those I hoped this blog would be helpful to...

Today is Jan 17, 2021. It has been 4 years since I wrote this blog.

LIVING ON DISABILITY I have continued to eat much less. I've kept the weight off. I've also saved a little money. I now have $90 a month in dividends tumbling into my bank account from a portfolio of 19 different companies worth almost $22,000 today.

Just from 4 years of doing exactly what I wrote this blog about. I did that living on disability.

I have made some changes. I no longer eat SO cheap..I read "The China Study" and "How Not To Die" and now eat a whole foods plant based diet.

I still avoid high glycemic foods that will elevate my blood sugar and cause me hunger pangs and cravings an hour after I eat them.

My dividend income will exceed $100/month not long after I turn 64 in April. I honestly don't think I'm being unrealistic when I say I think I have at least another 40 (or 50) healthy years left.

I have plenty of time. By the time another 15 years passes, my VA check plus my social security check PLUS what by then will be a hefty contribution from my dividend income will set me up nicely.

You can do this. Hey, man, once you manage to graduate from having $5-$10 a month in dividends to having $30, $40, $50 a month in dividends, your ability to save more money faster just keeps accelerating. It is exhilarating.

Start NOW!
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us