The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Ask A Foolish Question

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-would-like-to-find-out-what-are-the-dow-top-10-34731766.aspx

Subject:  Re: Top Ten Dow Yielders Date:  1/25/2021  12:58 AM
Author:  JeanDavid Number:  283722 of 284435

I would like to find out what are the Dow top 10 highest dividend yielders for 2021 ? referring to the motley fool investment guide. I would also like to find out what are the Dow Five for 2021. Please reply to my post if you can research this for me send me an up to date list. it would be gladly appreciated.

Let me assume you are not joking.

"The Motley Fool Investment Guide" was a very good book when it came out. Since then, however, the techniques of evaluating investment strategies, most involving back-testing with much better data than were available when that book came out, have revealed that dogs-of-the-Dow strategies do not really work. This includes the Foolish Four, Unemotional Value, and some others.

Note that even if they worked, you would not get the 2021 dividend yields until the end of the year; perhaps you meand the year 2020. But you should be able to find the dividend yields of the Dow stocks on line, or in the "Wall Street Journal" that is available in most libraries.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us