The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-son-has-been-teaching-4-days-a-week-and-34735171.aspx

Subject:  Re: School Opening Guidelines Date:  1/28/2021  11:35 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  2345969 of 2353678

My son has been teaching 4 days a week and hasn't gotten sick or had a positive covid test since the beginning of the school year. Of course, his district (one town) is upper middle/middle class in Massachusetts--lots of doctors, lawyers, executives, programmers, including professional immigrants--and few trumplicans that do dumb things like party unmasked.

My grandchildren have been attending school half-time in NYC. DGS was notified once that he was exposed to covid and had to quarantine for 2 weeks (he ws fine and tested negative). NYC probably does the best job in the entire country of contact tracing. None of DD's family--including her husband back at his workplace for months--has gotten sick.

SO. I think being very careful works. But it means EVERYONE has to do it. Abnd in some communities where trumplicans predominate, that's just not gonna happen.

So I think Democratic school districts can reopen safely, but perhaps not Republican ones.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us