The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask The Headhunter

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/career-change-quotexperiencedquot-but-rest-34762709.aspx

Subject:  Career Change + "experienced" but rest Date:  2/25/2021  10:49 AM
Author:  awisecrackin Number:  49694 of 49707

I have been out of work for a year now. I am only 30. I was working on a career change, leaving a solid career path in marketing (horrible though, broke my soul and my beliefs were not reciprocated - i despise mass media and the communication, habit forming, selling of BS). So I learned it and got good at understanding the big picture and pieces that make that up. The problem, is I am more of the innovator, the idea and questioner to guide the experts who truly know how to execute.

Health, that is where I was going to transition into a career, change behavior, fitness training etc. But with all that going on, I ended up with a spotty resume now, two jobs less than a year, and a gap for various reasons (got canned - work and family emergency combatted).

Now, I am stuck feeling low confidence and inability to communicate what my value is or worse, what i have done. There's algorithms that decide who stays and who goes. I am not that person.

I am in search of a job that doesn't place me behind a computer, this is harder and harder to find.
I have skills across the board and am personable. Trouble is brewing and I can't seem to find the right company and team that is always innovating for the better quality of life. I am a research and a development person but haven't held a lick of a position in it aside from analytical work (which i despise sitting and doing)...

Trying to find my way again and too many options, and too broad of job descriptions that expect you to do more than your job. It's exhausting.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us