The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Land of Off-Topic Posts

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/nostalgia-34766022.aspx

Subject:  Nostalgia Date:  3/1/2021  11:29 AM
Author:  golconde Number:  173402 of 173410

So, this is off-topic, but I actually remembered my login password after all these years, and I wanted to post one last time.

I joined this board back in 1999, under the username Scottish, as an 18-year-old high school student. I had put my life savings into Dell, and had money in CMGI before the dot com bubble burst. I was pretty active here my first two years of college as well and I have fond memories of the people I interacted with. I wish I'd made a few connections with people outside of the boards so I could keep up with them.

I feel a weird sense of joy and embarrassment when I think back on those days, and I wonder how all the people I regularly interacted with are doing these days. (Apart from Trick, who I'm actually friends with on Facebook and Twitter.) The people on this board gave me great advice at a time in my life when I was going through a strange transition, and I'll always be grateful to them.

In case anyone ever comes across this who happens to remember me, my real name is Scott P. Harris, and I'm pretty easy to find on Twitter and Facebook. I'm the redhead who made a film called Being Ginger.

Cheers.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us