The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hair-cuts-and-such-34770347.aspx

Subject:  hair cuts and such Date:  3/5/2021  12:10 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  138141 of 138524

I've been cutting the hubster's hair for a year now. It looks fine. Not as good as the barber, and I don't cut it nearly as short becasue that requires more skill, but it looks nice to me. I've been cutting my own for almost 20 years, and I guess I could say the same.

I get the pampering thing many women feel about hair salons, nail salons, pedicures, but that mostly leaves me cold--with one exception. I miss getting facials, which are relaxing as well as good for my skin. I haven't had one for something like 18 months now. I was thinking of looking up online how to do it myself but have been insufficiently motivated.

Despite being fully vaccinated, I'm still uncomfortable about being indoors with all the clients unmasked even if the practioners are masked. They are all far too young to have been vaccinated yet.

I'm willing to risk my health for a quick 20-minute trip to the grocery store once a week, but not for an hour for a facial. Most people I know have resumed most of these services, but are masked while doing so. Like at the dentist, you can't be masked for a facial! However, I've been to the dentist twice during the pandemic for cleanings/exams. Dental health seems worth it--

What are you folks doing about this sort of thing?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us