The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Guns for Sport & Protection

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/personally-i39ve-been-wanting-to-replace-the-34777144.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ammo shortage Date:  3/13/2021  5:24 AM
Author:  voelkels Number:  17789 of 18410

Personally, I've been wanting to replace the scope on my hunting rife but at this time, I don't want to waste my ammo sighting it in.

I have been wanting to go to the range and unload some of my excess ammo but between the weather and problems/work around the house, I haven’t gotten out there this year yet. I still have a couple of boxes of .45 ACP that I loaded in 2005 & 2010 that I needs to unload. I found that reloads of pistol ammo that were reloaded over about 20 years have a tendency to split, especially in semi autos.

PSU
still have plenty of .22 from the last shortage

LOL, I have .22 rimfire ammo that I bought in 1967 and 68 still. In 67, I bought a brick of Winchester Match pistol .22 ammo for my Browning Medalist pistol and still have 3 boxes left. I would like to take it out to the range some Friday and shoot it over my chronograph to see how it performs after all this time compared to newer stuff. I also have about half of a brick of Federal .22 that went up and down the ALCAN Highway 4 or 3 times in the late 60s/early 70s. I’d like to chronograph that too.

One advantage of loading my own, besides making more accurate ammo than the factory stuff is I usually have enough powder, primers & bullets on hand that ammo shortages don’t bother me much.
;-)

C.J.V. - still gots about half a case of Garand ammo that I bought at Camp Perry 10 or 8 years ago, me
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us