The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/on-the-form-to-get-a-real-id-required-by-tx-by-34805912.aspx

Subject:  Re: Washingto Post zaps Biden Date:  4/13/2021  2:10 PM
Author:  BobsDonuts Number:  887837 of 888345

On the form, to get a Real ID - required by TX by fall 2021, you need to provide your city of birth, your parents names, and show a birth certificate or valid passport. They prefer the birth certificate. Obviously that tells them if you are a citizen

First license was in CT 35 years ago. Had been in the country two weeks and urgently needed a license for my job (They never asked they just assumed). Took six driving lessons (minimum package) in two days. Turned up to the DMV after a heavy snowfall, ploughs had been trough but curb was a snow bank. Got in car with inspector, when to end of the street, waited five minutes as a funeral procession made its way through, the center of town, before exceling a 3 pointer and parking in front of DMV. PASS

Moved to TX 10 years later. Needed a TX license, all they wanted was my CT license and a confirmed address (utility bill etc) and a form filling in. No idea if there was a check box for voter registration. When I tried to deregister, I was given conflicting information. One being that I should keep my registration as I was allowed to vote in certain local elections, but States and Government elections were a big no no. Chose safety mainly because I did not care about local elections. Later found out the "No taxation without representation" was bull, but it quickly ended doorstep conversations with political types.

25years of living in TX has shown me that the State eventually gets things to work but there is a lot of pain and chaos in implementation of the simplest changes.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us