The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-thrills-in-the-covid-life-34808605.aspx

Subject:  The thrills in the COVID life Date:  4/16/2021  12:06 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  887864 of 888851

"Many Americans are sorting their clothes, packing their bags, and can’t wait — to go to the laundromat? A survey of 2,005 Americans discovered nearly a third (32%) say the simple chore of doing laundry has become the highlight of their entire week. Sixty-nine percent say that after spending so much time indoors, any new experience at all feels like a thrill."

- - ---

" Thirty-five percent admit that filling up their gas tank now gives them a thrill like never before."

---

Well, in TX, I still manage to fill up my gas tank about once a month - 7-8 gallons of gas....and I don't get a thrill out of doing it. Use a plastic bag from the newspaper to grab the nozzle and push any required buttons and been doing that for a year.

As far as laundry - got my own machines - so I don't go out - but way way long time ago - I did go to the laundry room or laundromat - like 55 years ago - but not for long!

Gas station thrill? No way. And I do laundry once every 3 weeks here...six loads -

t.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us