The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/they-will-give-you-a-test-on-arrival-no-why-34837160.aspx

Subject:  Re: Overseas travel OK'ed - to EU Date:  5/20/2021  9:55 AM
Author:  BobsDonuts Number:  888106 of 888689

They will give you a test on arrival...
No. Why are you posting lies and misinformation?
You take the test before you leave the US!

Not posting misinformation, just the truth of the real world.
Commercial carriers will be expected to confirm that passengers meet EU COVID requirements before departure (I said that), in the same way they check your passport to see if you have any required visas or are on any no fly lists. This will be rechecked at EU immigration on arrival. If immigration believe that you were not properly checked, or if you arrived on a non commercial means or if they believe that you have COVID regardless of what your documentation says they will test you on arrival. You may not know this but major airports have installed infra red scanners in immigration along with the regular surveillance cameras. People with high temperatures are flagged for special attention

And what if you had the Covid flu and you now have immunity? No answer...
This is not a recognized category by either the CDC or the EU, therefore it will not be allowed as an excuse. In other words these Covid vaccine passports are not based on medical science but on an agenda. Good to know.

Saying you have natural immunity versus proving you have natural immunity are very different. One is a political agenda the other is a fact. I am sure that immigration would take the latter into consideration in your entry application. Vaccination requirements are nothing new in global travel. Many countries require proof of vaccination against a whole range of diseases before entry. Hep A&B, Typhoid, Yellow fever, Rabies, Encephalitis, Meningitis to mention a few. I have a compromised immune system and thus I cannot take live vaccines and have found that immigration is understanding will accept a doctors letter attesting to the fact in lieu of a vaccine.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us