The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lists-like-this-are-kind-of-tricky-because-there-34850176.aspx

Subject:  Re: expats Date:  6/10/2021  12:37 AM
Author:  syke6 Number:  138383 of 138913

Lists like this are kind of tricky because there are different reasons for going different place. If you move to Switzerland, there is probably some kind of tax/financial advance for the very wealthy.

On the flip side, if you are moving to Mexico it is probably because you want to live on the cheap.

I don't think I want to move anywhere permanently, but here are some locations I wouldn't mind moving to for a year or two:

Ecuador: I spent a month backpacking there in my misspent youth. Easily enough there to spend a year or two exploring. And cheap.

Spain/Germany: Love both places, and not all that expensive. Jumping off spot to lots of other places.
Trick is getting an EU passport.

Australia: I think this would be cool for a about a year. Haven't looked into the visa issue. Upside is they speak a form of English. Downside: Expensive.

All those seem a bit like long shots at the moment. Plan A is to split time between Seattle and Hawaii. Just have to convince the wife to get on board.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us