The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Where Angels Fear to Tread

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-you-guys-suck-i-went-to-bed-with-the-market-34860827.aspx

Subject:  Re: cleaning the car Date:  6/24/2021  6:39 PM
Author:  Oforfive Number:  12329 of 12992

Well, you guys suck. I went to bed with the market at session high, like a 3 run lead, and you let it get away. Car back in the garage. Cancelled the Uber dudette who was going to chauffeur (damned French)her to the club. Market had a ninth inning rally but not enough 'cause you dug too big a hole. Damned bullpen blew it around 11. How do you blow a lead like that?

DW has the EOM ATH trophy and a Intraday ATH next to it. The dusty ATH dated February 12 starting to rust in the sea air. Damned tropical breezes coming in off the water. Makes it hard to enjoy the sunsets. Sigh.

Anyway, what would we do with a fresh trophy? Look at it and worry that the next 3-week plunge will be the "big one"? Get cut in half this time? Never recover? Hmmm. After hours still trading. Sell it all. Put half in OKE at 7%, the rest in laddered treasuries for 5 years? Rentier and all that. Cuban Libres on the balcon? (Damned French).

I know what Doom would do. Has done. SPG 'n cash and a few bibelot ___________ (fill in the blank).

KC
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us