The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-do-i-do-with-370000-34868722.aspx

Subject:  What do I do with 370,000 Date:  7/8/2021  10:21 AM
Author:  Rowen Number:  22861 of 23124

I'll start off by saying I'm horrible with money but learning how to invest. The one advisor I hired was a joke and I got rid of him. I don't have any retirement income. I recently sold my house and have 370,000 sitting in savings accounts. I'm debt free. The plan was to buy another house but we found a rental on the beach that we love. The rent is $1450 and includes everything internet,cabel, electric, fule, lawn care... We want to stay here for at least a few years, maybe forever. I have about 90,000 in the market. I have Roth IRAs set up and fund them each year. I own part of a shopping center that's in forclosure and should recevie another $400,000 from that. We're still working part time. Enough to cover our bills. I'm 59 husband is 62. I don't know what to do with the money sitting in the bank accounts. I'm frozen, afraid I'll make the wrong decision. I can't afford to lose it but I know letting it sit is a bad idea. I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I don't know where to start. Thanks in advance
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us