The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/nine-months-and-no-new-debt-q2-was-a-busy-one-34876691.aspx

Subject:  Re: October '20 update Date:  7/19/2021  11:16 AM
Author:  Manybills Number:  313065 of 313083

Nine months and no new debt. Q2 was a busy one with only 4 days off of work. I worked every day in June.
My maternity-leavin' co-workers have rejoined the workforce, and I think the overtime days are gone for a while. That was a slog but I took advantage of a get-it-while-you-can situation. Q3-4 look to be more of a coast, and I can get back to my side hustle which has been sidelined.

Roths are not quite to half funded, but we're also sending higher contributions to the 457.

We are living frugally, but EVERYTHING is getting so much more expensive. I'm feeling handcuffed to a job I neither love or hate, but it is a good gig. It feels like I'm in a run-out-the-clock scenario as I've been with this employer for a long time. I'm eligible for retirement with unreduced pension in 62 months. I'd love to get a business going instead but don't know what that would be. It would have to replace my current income, plus self employment taxes. I have the "works long and hard" aspect of success covered, but don't have time to afford any lean years at my age. I also don't want to do anything related to my current field, so that adds to the challenges. I'm rambling and really should get back to work!
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us