The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/whatcha-eating-34888037.aspx

Subject:  whatcha eating? Date:  7/28/2021  12:29 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  138524 of 139088

I had leftover cooked shrimp from last night's dinner (bought a lb at the farmer's market yesterday--there's a seafood booth), broccoli crowns also from the FM, a smallish sweet potato and half shallot what needed using, and the usual garlic bulb, condiments, etc.

So I finely diced the sweet potato and stir fried in sesame oil w/thinly sliced 1/2 large shallot, broccoli florets, minced garlic, and eventually added a little mirin, soy sauce, black-bean paste, a couple oz chicken broth, and finally turned off the heat and stirred in the cooked shrimp. Kind of a non-grain "bowl." We both enjoyed it. And that sweet potato was starting to wrinkle and make me feel sad & guilty about the prospect of wasted food.

Apparently dinner will be the lunch I had planned--succotash: corn on the cob to cook and add to fresh butter beans (baby limas from the farmer's market) for Southern-style succotash (w/bacon and sweet onion). And Greek salad w/fresh veg from the FM, parsley from my herb garden (freshly watered today by the rain), feta and olives.

Fiber! It's good for ya.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us