The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Options - You Make the Call

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/buying-stocks-that-have-expensive-call-premiums-34906636.aspx

Subject:  Buying stocks that have expensive call premiums? Date:  8/17/2021  12:35 PM
Author:  Hawkwin Number:  11331 of 11351

I was chatting with a person about options trading today and the conversation turned to the premium one gets on selling covered calls and how they vary based on the expectations of the underlying stock.

This got both of us wondering if there was a way to screen stocks based on their call premium. Is there a way to look up stocks where by the options market has priced in a very large call premium. I guess you could also simply search for expensive option premiums but I've not seem such as a searchable field on any of my option trading or research screens.

Is this a 'thing?' The only options trading I occasionally do is selling covered calls but I would be willing to try out the other side of this trade with a buy and hold strategy. Not quite comfortable with buying the actual call.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us