The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/it-took-about-14-days-after-closing-to-get-it-34950933.aspx

Subject:  Re: Paying over asking - I feel dirty Date:  10/9/2021  11:25 AM
Author:  Bonroy1924 Number:  14366 of 14417

It took about 14 days after closing to get it rented out.

One surprise (not positive) was while we had about 22 walk-thrus, we had only 3 quality applications. (There were more, but just not of good quality). I'm hoping that is because it was end of September - and families, most of them were already settled for the school year.

Anyway, tenant is a 30something, 2 college degrees - and working in his chosen field for 6 years. His credit score is 850 - highest I've ever seen from an applicant.

I know I overpaid for the house in this frenzy - but just this week, I saw the exact same unit, in the exact same complex as mine was advertised for rent. Mine was a 2 year deal @1825 per month - with auto $100 bump for the 2nd year. This other unit was starting out at $1875. So 50 bucks isn't buying anyone a World Cruise, but if it rents for that in the next week or so I'll feel a bit more comfortable with it. As of now in that zip code, 3bed/2bath listings are very very few. Bracing myself for increase in inventory next year and then reevaluate the next move.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us