The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-everyone-i-really-appreciate-your-34960866.aspx

Subject:  Re: Q - Rent houses all sold now Date:  10/21/2021  11:45 AM
Author:  footsox Number:  133124 of 133536

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your knowledge. Someone had suggested that I have the CPA do the taxes again this year, and then I do my own taxes also. The problem with that is that he charges $1200. This amount was OK when I had a good sized business and then also rent houses, but now that there is neither one, I swear, he will charge me the same. It ticks me off! I guess because my taxes are reasonably simple, I think I can do them, but also I kind of want to get rid of the big fees. I asked him a question last year, and he sent me a bill for $200 consulting.

Some of you asked about my other tax things for 2021. I have income from social security, income from interest and dividends. I also might have some medical expenses to deduct. And that's it. Sounds simple to me -- no rent houses, no rent house expenses, no business I'm running, no office in the home, warehouse rent, vehicle expenses, etc. I will need to figure out medical... but I don't think we have reached the limit that is deductible (?) The last thing is our stock portfolio - We have bought maybe 6 stocks this year, and we sold about 3 stocks at a small loss. (no day trading or anything) - our stocks just kind of quietly sit there and grow.

So, I am going to forge ahead. I am sure you will see me posting here again, as I get closer to figuring out what I don't know. ha. Thanks.

Footsox
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us