The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotpublic-approval-of-biden39s-handling-of-34961706.aspx

Subject:  Re: Free Boots in Seattle! Date:  10/22/2021  1:33 PM
Author:  kenm47 Number:  2365442 of 2381073

"Public approval of Biden's handling of the Covid crisis has been plummeting."

I doubt that.

"It is affecting his overall approval rating among the entire electorate and among independent voters in particular. Biden doesn't deserve blame for the low rate of vaccination - but the high rate of illness and death is making voters unhappy with the President, which makes it harder for him to advance any part of his agenda. So trying to fix that problem would be excellent politics."

I doubt that too.

"Oh, and it's also fantastic public policy and would save literally tens of thousands of lives."

Maybe. But the anti-vaxers have God on their side, I hear.

"Put a few hundred million dollars into the reconciliation bill for massive outreach efforts - and it will probably yield much more tangible benefits immediately than putting that money into spending it on programs several years from now. Get the draft OSHA regulations out the door immediately, so that employers that might be waiting to see what the federal regs are going to look like before drafting their mandate requirements can start implementing them."

And Manchin and whatsherface Sinema have said that's what will do the trick for them? They'll get in line with the other Dem Senators then?

I will continue to blame Trump, McConnell, McCarthy, the current SCOTUS and the current GOP. I have not read anything in these posts to sway me away from that.

Ken
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us