The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/bf-2042-34978113.aspx

Subject:  BF 2042 Date:  11/12/2021  2:06 PM
Author:  1971simon Number:  37445 of 37456

Bueller?

Bueller?

Not sure if anyone is here these days but because I am I thought I'd post my initial thoughts from two whole games of conquest this morning before work.

Well, Battlefield is back to the modern world. After probably a 6 year hiatus for WWI and WWII BF came back to what I want and that's modern times. God was it fun. Chaos for now, but fun. I could see snippets of organized play, which isn't bad for the first day of a new game. It helped I was playing with two friends and thus we worked together, showing others how to.

Most importantly it did not melt my PC. I didn't expect it to, I'm moderately modern. CPU is two (?) years old and video card is about the same. 16GB of RAM which I should probably upgrade... But year, the game ran fine. I get a 32" 1440 monitor next week so that should really make it pop!

I didn't look at Portal but I heard it's fantastic. I plan to spend quite a bit of time in there figuring it out. I will certainly be looking for Hardcore the game a bit and see if that's popular.

Anyway, did anyone else pick it up? If so, let me know.

Simon
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us