The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-remember-riding-once-in-an-isetta-when-they-were-35021837.aspx

Subject:  Re: Micro, 1st units in March: it's adorable Date:  1/10/2022  12:31 PM
Author:  TchrP Number:  139247 of 139644

I remember riding once in an Isetta when they were being sold in this country.

Other climate activists have scolded me several times for not driving an electric vehicle, but so far they aren't completely practical as the only car in a household. Several friends have them, but each of them is married to someone with a conventional or hybrid car. One drove his electric car from Syracuse to NYC earlier this year, rather frightened a lot of the time because so many of the charging stations he had mapped out didn't exist, were out of order, or incompatible with his car. He made it both ways, but the trips took twice as long as planned.

When I explain why an EV isn't ideal as an only car, they move on to scolding me about not driving a hybrid. The truth is that I tried to buy a hybrid in 2018, but there were none to be had and I couldn't postpone the purchase, as my 11-year-old Corolla had been in a flood. The only thing they agree that I've got right is that I hardly drive anywhere at all.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us