The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-husband-liked-the-moody-blues-but-all-i-can-35021865.aspx

Subject:  Re: spirited Prokofiev Symph #1 "classical& Date:  1/10/2022  12:54 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  139249 of 139644

My husband liked the Moody Blues, but all I can remember about them is Nights in White Satin...or Knights in White Satin, which is what I thought at the time ;-)

My mom still can't listen to that. It was played at my brother's funeral. That, and "The End" by the Doors. Those were two of his favorite bands.

The Moody's had a lot of cool stuff. They did one album with the London Festival Orchestra (which included Nights in White Satin and Tuesday Afternoon). But several of their older albums are good. If you listen carefully, there will be little bits of dialogue like "somebody set off an H-bomb today, but it wasn't anybody I knew". :-)

CSN (sometimes CSN&Y) had some nice stuff. Though some wouldn't translate today (e.g. Ohio...unless you know about Kent State, you won't get it).

I'm mostly 60s and 70s rock. A little 80s (not much).

I don't generally like classical music, but there are exceptions. Not that I race to switch the station, but a lot of it doesn't do anything for me. There are some exceptions, though. The Moonlight Sonata is kinda eerie, but relaxing, for example. I like that one.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us