The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/good-to-hear-from-you-kingran-can39t-say-i-35036636.aspx

Subject:  Re: Random thoughts Date:  1/25/2022  7:09 PM
Author:  Wysocki Number:  86862 of 87062

Good to hear from you, Kingran.

Can't say I agree with your inflation prognostication but who really knows? (The Shadow!) I think it will start deflating by mid-year. But, again, who knows?

My REIT portfolio has really grown since I left Fooldom. And I am a subscriber to the Fool's Real Estate Winners premium service which is only $299 annually. Pretty good picks, but most of which I had already owned.

My REITs as of today: ABR, BRX, CUBE, EPR, KIM, MPW, NNN, O, PFE, ROIC (still!), SLG, SRC, STAF, STOR and WPC.

Also, own WD (Real Estate but not a REIT) since about April or May 2020 and it has been phenomenal! (It was a recommendation of one of the other Fool premium services.) And just recently bought some shares in DFH (a small cap non-REIT) which aspires to be another NVR.

Looking at BOMN (another non-REIT), which is a newbie conglomerate that includes some real estate companies. Also, looking at PINE, a new, tiny cap REIT.

My overall portfolio is doing very well and weathering this downturn well with very little "red" to show because I have been in most of the companies for so long.

I like being a long-term investor who doesn't trade much.

(One of my big time gainers that I have owned since 2013 is AAPL (obviously, a non-REIT); up 990% as of today. It's in my taxable account so I am loathing the day when I might sell because of the long-term cap gain taxes but will do so (one of these days) incrementally.)

David
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us