The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/non-game-related-my-wife-super-surprised-me-with-35094946.aspx

Subject:  Re: That's all folks! Date:  4/20/2022  11:06 AM
Author:  jeffbrig Number:  37455 of 37456

Non-game related, my wife super-surprised me with a completely-unexpected (yes, I'm aware of the redundancy here) Christmas present. She bought me a Taylor acoustic guitar. I've always had a niggle in the back of my mind that I'd learn to play guitar some day, but never acted on it. She kind of forced my hand, but I'm overjoyed she did. I was nearly moved to tears from sheer emotion when I opened the present. I still suck at guitar and likely will until I die, but I get a little better each week. I can actually play a couple of recognizable tunes now, though I've found that I have a new level of respect for people that can play AND sing. Man, trying to sing the song I'm playing messes my playing up bigtime! :D

Completely OT for this board, but since it's closing why not! I used to always joke that if I could get a Matrix-style download of how to play guitar, I'd pay $10k+. Well, my wife surprised me with a guitar for Christmas... it's probably been 10 years now. The first one was a throwaway guitar, but it was replaced with a Taylor in a matter of months (a 1995 special edition, which is AMAZING). So much fun! It's like the more you practice/learn, the more you find you don't know. I can play, I can sing, but like you, I sure as heck can't do both at the same time!
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us