The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-stopped-taking-the-supplements-because-i-felt-35120475.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: What is your biggest expense in retire Date:  5/29/2022  7:22 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  107596 of 108374

I stopped taking the supplements because I felt really bad all over. Achy, tired and weak. This went away when I stopped the supplements.

I don't know if this is an individual reaction or why it happened.

I also stopped taking calcium supplements when a large study showed that it didn't reduce osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and might increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and kidney stones.

Which is because of a need for K2 to get that calcium out of the soft tissue and into the bone. Sis has osteoporosis. Was put on calcium and it did not help the bone density until she added K2 to the supplement. A Calcium test showed her heart was looking bad also and that too reversed with the K2. I have been taking it for a couple of years now and have never had any issues with K2.

I now eat a large bowl of kale every day for K2.

Sadly, produce these days tends to be very deficient in nutrients as we deplete the soil. Though eating well and exercising is the best first defense against poor health, modern day farming provides us with produce that is much lower in nutrients that previously.

IP
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us