The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/prior-to-reviewing-verifying-any-numbers-this-35148952.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ben’s Portfolio end of July 2022 Date:  7/29/2022  8:06 PM
Author:  RaptorD2 Number:  85491 of 85965

Prior to reviewing (“verifying”) any numbers, this is an excellent review.

I especially liked reading your thoughts on ENPH. Part of the reason is likely a slight case of confirmation bias, since ENPH has become an increasingly large position in my portfolios, but another is that IMO, it fits in perfectly to a concentrated port with lots of software and data tech. One thing to watch is that some of their success will continue to depend on government policies and incentives, but enough countries are pushing green tech that I think their products will be in demand for a long time. That’s before considering that ENPH has been my second-best performer this year behind another outlier/moonshot (CELH.)

One minor question for me is in Jamin Ball’s calculation for MDB’s payback period, which I’ve noted previously, and seems rather long. But your number is correct, and has prompted me to review those numbers, since I have a relatively large position in Mongo.

Thanks for the great review. Well done, sir. *

• sexist assumption that you are male, for no good reason other than a bad habit.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us