A Foolish Interview with TMFMurph Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What has been your best work experience, and what made it so great?
TMFMurph: Starting a successful business "from scratch"...from strategic plan through execution...sure beats the restraints of " corporate wars ".
The Fool: What's your favorite Fool message board?
TMFMurph: Impossible to pick just one- Blast Off 2019 boards, The REIT board, Falling Knives, IV Central, Liquid Lounge, Value Hounds, ... for starters ;-) Currently read over 100 boards.
The Fool: What's the best restaurant you've ever been to? (Include name, location, and average bill for two.)
TMFMurph: Mine, of course! ( Just kidding! )
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
TMFMurph: Well, I guess the cats and mice ( aka most other species ) would play while the bears were away....hibernating!
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
TMFMurph: 1.Being your own boss, and having almost total responsibility for your success or failure is AWESOME! 2.The Motley Fool approach to investing. 3.Smell more roses along the way.
The Fool: Are we alone in the universe? If not, where is everybody?
TMFMurph: NO WAY! It takes a BIG ego to assume that we are the only life in the universe. However, it's a BIG universe...our discovering life is the mathematical equivalent of the only two fish in our oceans bumping into each other...it'll happen..but it will take some TIME.......or luck!
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
TMFMurph: Flight and nuclear energy....when coupled together, they generate a capability that mankind has never possessed....the capability to essentially destroy most/all of the world's life in a few hours.
The Fool: What's the most overrated idea, person, or event in our culture?
TMFMurph: ANY President of the US,( as far as their direct responsibility for current economic conditions goes) They get blame or credit for the economy...yet they can pass no laws, nor can they force the Fed to do anything. Congress and the Fed have more influence...and many of the major impacts of their actions ( as well as the President's ) can take years to unfold.
The Fool: What seemingly insurmountable challenge did you meet and defeat?
TMFMurph: 1.Won a college scholarship despite not being nominated by my teachers...beat out their choices. 2. After trying for 6 months to convince the city council that their noise ordinance was unfair, filing and sticking with a lawsuit for 3 years ( non- contingency )that resulted in the law being declared unConstitutional in Federal court. ( You CAN fight city hall! ) 3. Cancer......so far! (:-)
The Fool: As you were growing up (or now, raising children), did your family have any distinctive rituals or practices others might do well to emulate?
TMFMurph: Going to sleep together under the Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve Eve ( not a typo ) while listening to the music of The Nutcracker, A Charlie Brown Christmas and my favorite Chritmas song "A' Soaling" by Peter,Paul & Mary
The Fool: What's the best advice you've ever received?
TMFMurph: 1. Always show your love.<BR>2. If you aren't 5 minutes early, then you're late.<BR>3. When in doubt, SMILE! 4. Stand up against ALL odds if you know you are right.
The Fool: What's the best product you use that most people don't know about?
TMFMurph: Hobie Cat sailboats! A lost art! Old pinball machines ( circa 1970's ) Pinball Wizard!
The Fool: Would you rather be remembered as a person, a legend, or a myth?
TMFMurph: Definitely a person.....the beauty of life is in the details of discovering and improving the type of person you are...and helping your loved ones do the same.
The Fool: What technology do you wish the world had but doesn't yet?
TMFMurph: A cheap, practical alternative to oil energy....solar, ocean-power or fusion.
The Fool: What is your most distressing regret?
TMFMurph: That I have not developed the STRONG faith and trust in God of my parent's...they are remarkable people!
The Fool: As a former child and possibly parent of one now, share your best advice about raising children.
TMFMurph: Set clear boundaries on their behavior, and follow through...always! Teach them the 3 L's..learning, laughing and loving...because without them, you may as well be dead..and make sure that they know how much you LOVE THEM!
The Fool: If you could go back in time and witness one event in history, what would you go back and see?
TMFMurph: The birth of Jesus.
The Fool: Make a confession.
TMFMurph: I'm getting lazy in my old age.....LOL
The Fool: Briefly explain how you select stocks.
TMFMurph: For a general overview of my approach, see http://boards.fool.com/1048/hi-qazey-welcome-to-ii-land-a-great-place-to-be-29721309.aspx
The Fool: How do you define success?
TMFMurph: The most important currency is the number of smiles on the faces of you and the people you love.....NOT the number of dollars in the bank!
The Fool: What do you fear most?
TMFMurph: That the world is becoming a less tolerant place.......despite the great information sources available to it.
The Fool: What celebrity or public figure do you most resemble?
TMFMurph: The long hair and mustache of Yanni/ Kyle Petty, combined with the big nose of Sonny Bono!
Go to TMFMurph's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z