A Foolish Interview with TMFHobo Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What's your greatest athletic achievement? Little League champ? Ran a marathon? Did 4 consecutive sit-ups?
TMFHobo: I scored 9 points in a row in the fourth quarter in the high school student-faculty basketball games sparking a comeback victory by the students.
The Fool: How'd you find out about the Fool? (Make your answer as colorful and truthful as possible.)
TMFHobo: I'd always seen the name on various websites and found it intriguing. It sounds like it's meant to be a funny website like the Onion or something, but as I became more interested in investing I began to visit more often.
The Fool: What's the most overrated idea, person, or event in our culture?
TMFHobo: I think formal education tends to be pretty overrated. We seem to conflate education with intelligence and ability, but really there's a pretty large self-selection bias there. You can be smart without being educated and educated without being smart. The Gardner brothers, who founded the Fool, are notably English majors with no formal training in investing.
The Fool: Briefly explain how you select stocks.
TMFHobo: I pick stocks that I think have bright futures ahead of them, and preferably aren't fully on the radar. I tend to do more qualitative analysis than quantitative.
The Fool: What is your favorite techno gadget?
TMFHobo: Honestly, I'm a laggard. I don't even have Smartphone as of writing this.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFHobo: I bought Chipotle in 2006, which turned out to be a great investment. I just though they were a great company. People love their product, there's always a line to order, and they were a relatively young company at the time.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMFHobo: I read Deadspin and the Onion for entertainment, the New York Times for general news, and Yahoo! Finance and the Fool for business news
Go to TMFHobo's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z