A Foolish Interview with TMFLifeIsGood Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Briefly explain how you select stocks.
TMFLifeIsGood: Nearly all the stocks in my portfolio come from Fool recommendations. I am looking for the possibility of explosive growth through demographics, societal trends or technological advances.
The Fool: As a former child and possibly parent of one now, share your best advice about raising children.
TMFLifeIsGood: Teach them responsibility and plant the seeds of investing early.
The Fool: What other financial products or services do you use?
TMFLifeIsGood: I started with Sharebuilder, but have since moved up to OptionsXpress, which allows me to trade options.
The Fool: How do you define success?
TMFLifeIsGood: Having a loving family, friends that care about you and Sunday Schoolers that want to run up and hug you!
The Fool: What was your first educational exposure to investing?
TMFLifeIsGood: I got scammed into buying the Fidelity Destiny II mutual fund from a commissioned sales rep - and they took 50% of the investment up front as fees. That was an education!
The Fool: If you had to pick an existing song title that best describes your life, what would it be?
TMFLifeIsGood: Amazing Grace
The Fool: Tell us about Your Dumbest Investment... and the lesson you learned from it.
TMFLifeIsGood: I don't think I have a dumbest investment - becaused I learned from them all. That said, I had a number of ill-timed investments late in 2008 - BAC, CSE, GLS, CCRT which all lost between 50% and 75% of their values. This taught me that macro-economic trends matter in the short term and sometimes longer.
The Fool: What's your favorite Fool message board?
TMFLifeIsGood: NFLX for Stock Advisor. Aside from being one of the more active boards, NFLX is my best investment to date, so I am biased. How Goes It for Rule Breakers. All the interesting stuff eventually shows up there.
The Fool: Would you rather be remembered as a person, a legend, or a myth?
TMFLifeIsGood: I would rather be remembered as a person that cared about other people.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFLifeIsGood: NFLX, by far. I found it the first month with Stock Advisor. I was a satisfied customer and knew many people who were. It was a no-brainer. Wish they were all like that!
Go to TMFLifeIsGood's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z