This makes it all worthwhile

I love reading stories like this! I knew absolutely nothing about the stock market until I decided to jump in at the end of March. Up to that point, all I have done is take advantage of my company’s stock purchase program and blindly put money into my 401K. In March I decided to put a large chunk in with an investor at a 1% yearly rate but he said he would only invest that money into ETFs and mutual funds until it hit a higher number. I decided to start researching myself and jumped on SA and RB but took their advice to heart and at one point had invested in 25 companies. I was putting more and more into that account and was sometimes blindly investing in companies that were recommended as soon as David and Tom put them up. But then…I found this board and it all changed! The monthly updates and in-depth discussions on the quarterly numbers have educated me more than I could have imagined. Since then, I withdrew my money with the investor, up 52%, and trimmed my positions down to 12. But in less time I have increased my personal account 110% and even increased my retirement account 19% since the February highs after I adjusted my investments with the knowledge I’ve gained. I have made some good moves and dumb ones but I try to keep an open mind that I am still learning. I do hope one day soon I’ll be able to start contributing to the board and find some under the radar companies that fit our criteria! Keep doing what your doing.

16 Likes