No. of Recommendations: 1
a 1500 calorie paleo diet allows you to lose 20 pounds and we have actual proof of that. In some POW camps that is what the diet consisted of, and less than 1500 calories. Guess what, every single one of the prisoners lost weight.
Since we do not usually have the ability to completely control any nutrition study it is never going to be much of a science.

Re progress in medicine-it does seem to be slowing down.
At least that is my perception, nothing like the discovery of penicillin, the germ theory, insulin, public health and epidemics, how the immune system works etc. If true , why? I have some guesses, but won't get into them here.
Enough to say that the last "medical" stock I believe I invested in was ISRG. Too many other innovations, non medical, are available, why bother with super risky often binary dependent medicine stocks ?
The demand for medical care is almost infinite, the supply is limited, but will it be profitable as an investment compared to SaaS?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.