No. of Recommendations: 0
I did some reading on retirement investment. Still, I'd like to hear what the forum has to say.

I am thinking of starting a self-directed IRA; due to income restriction, I am not eligible for Roth. I have already maxed out 401(k) contribution for the year, despite the _f_oolish selection of funds in my company 401(k). I'm single and have about 20-yrs before reaching 57+. I don't own a house, btw.

I'd like to hear some opinions on Foolish investment strategies for my situation. Should I keep maxing out the contribution on 401(k), and once started, the IRA as well? What other things should I do to maximize my financial situation, with regards to retirement savings?

Thanks in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Lasida, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I did some reading on retirement investment. Still, I'd like to hear what the forum has to say.

I am thinking of starting a self-directed IRA; due to income restriction, I am not eligible for Roth. I have already maxed out 401(k) contribution for the year, despite the _f_oolish selection of funds in my company 401(k). I'm single and have about 20-yrs before reaching 57+. I don't own a house, btw.

I'd like to hear some opinions on Foolish investment strategies for my situation. Should I keep maxing out the contribution on 401(k), and once started, the IRA as well? What other things should I do to maximize my financial situation, with regards to retirement savings? >>

Sounds as if you already have the investment program well in hand if you're using your 401k and a Roth to the maximum. Now start thinking about retirement itself. For issues to consider, check out my 13 Steps to Foolish Retirement Planning at http://www.fool.com/Retirement/Retirement.htm .

Regards….Pixy
Print the post Back To Top