Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

A big investor might cut some of their holding in MasterCard, or that a bunch of dumb idiot flock-traders will sell their holdings for MasterCard.

Neither is likely.. But, personally I am very excited for the Visa IPO. I miss IPO's and all the LBO and M&A activity, but I don't think Visa is better than MasterCard.

I read over MasterCard last quarter. They're great. Their financial business model is much better than 95% of any other financial stock you can find these days. They will probably get another run up in the next 3 years.

From what I've seen & heard from analysts is that MasterCard has more international exposure than Visa, so why would I sell MA to hold something that does more business in a declining market anyway? For these businesses the most growth will be overseas.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.