Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
For running the carfax. :)

The miles on the truck are a little scary to me, but location of the vehicle leads us to believe the current and previous owners - that it's all highway. Frankly, there would be nowhere to go from it's location unless it was on the highway.

Still, it's higher mileage than I would have liked. Everything in our price range (and yes, it's a pretty firm range) is high miles.

It looks clean online, and T spoke to the current owner last night - he's getting rid of the vehicle because his wife told him to reduce his fleet.

T is going to look for leaking fluides, make sure the 4 wheel drive engages correctly, run the AC and the heat (though the AC will be hard to test today - very good weather in the area!!), make sure it all whirls and twirls and twists like it's supposed to.

It looks really clean online - if it's actually clean in person, T will likely purchase it and drive it home (he's taking his Dad with him so that they can drive both back if needed).

So basically, I might have a new vehicle, sight unseen, this evening.

ALSO: we have been looking at alternative vehicles (namely, mini-vans): even those, in our price range, are higher mileage (above 150K). If we get our pay back, or one of us gets a raise, we might save up and purchase a small 4-cyl car for chits and giggles, to drive around town and save mileage on our other vehicles. We had originally planned to buy something like the Suburban next year and keep my car as the "small, one adult or one adult and two kids are running to the store" car, but now my car is dead so that option is out.

Being an adult is hard, yo.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.