Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20
A bit earlier I seem to recall a reply on biotechs, something to the effect that we do not know how to evaluate them so they are not discussed here.

This seems to me to be a big cop-out. If we (collectively) can not figure out how to evaluate them who can?

It's not a cop-out by any means. The book The Gorilla Game is about investing in high technology. All of the 'craft' and years of study that is in that book is focused on a specialized field of study of technology adoption life cycles in the high tech arena. I don't think that we can apply this model of study to the biotechnology field in any way that would produce an effective model. We're having enough trouble applying it to where it is aimed. Although it might be a creative process, I see no need to fit square pegs in round holes.

Hence, the preference should remain focused on what the book has taught us. Heaven knows, there are plenty of opportunties within high technology for sorting out gorilla games, godzilla games and royalty games to keep us occupied through various current technology adoption life cycle studies and those that will come in the future.

I will not dispute that biotechnology is indeed an important, lucrative investment area to study. There are lots of boards on the Fool devoted to it, but it doesn't fit my knowledge of The Gorilla Game.

I don't consider that a cop-out.

BB

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.