Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A blue sky?

I've been all over the US this week and I can tell you that not once did I see blue...

Greetings, all, I know you will pity me but in Tucson, the sky has been blue - RELENTLESSLY blue - for weeks. For months, really. No joke; we are in the middle of a draught of historic proportions. Annual rainfall in this part of the country is supposed to be something like 7 inches. In 2005 we've had a total of 0.79 inch. I kid you not. It really is a blast furnace around here; the ambient temperature is around 105 degrees and it's even hotter 2 hours to the north in Phoenix (so I guess I am glad for another reason that it's Tucson I live in). But the water bill is starting to rival the A/C bill and we just lost one of our young Texas Ranger plants to the heat despite being right on the irrigation mainline. I am from Michigan, home of the famous gunmetal grey skies and I thought I would revel in perpetual sunshine. But here's the downside, and now I know why Hades is cast as HOT. Nothing so relentless as unrelieved heat. To heck with frying an egg on the sidewalk; I think I could just about fry it on my neck. And don't even ask me about the burning palms of my hands as they sizzle upon contact with my steering wheel. Yowtch!

xraymd

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.