Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I'll write a bit about myself in case anyone runs across my profile, which would likely be when I make a pitch that highlights the fact that I'm new to stock investing.

I've been sort-of an "investor" since I was a little kid. I used to buy or take unwanted lawnmowers, cars, etc. at rock-bottom prices and fix them up and sell them for a premium. I always bought when the price was so low my worst case was to break even.

This has translated into a mostly value and contrarian style in stock investing, but I understand that good stock investing requires accepting more risk, which I accept, since more risk is required for more reward.

I have no money to invest directly in stocks at this point, but within the next 6 months I will. My goal is to build up a large nest egg for early retirement. I am currently trying to learn the tricks the trade and see if I can learn enough to be better off going it on my own or whether I should continue to invest in index funds.

As you can see, I make a pitch on every stock I pick, but not as if I believe I am qualified to make a recommendation. I make pitches to track why I made the pick and in case I am ignorant or inaccurate that someone may enlighten me. If anyone has any constructive criticism or helpful resources, let me know. I am a mere student when it comes to the stock market.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.