Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A car you may not have thought of, but for the price, you might want to check out a new Mazda5. Looks like a "mini-mini-van". Has 3 row seating, but with the 3rd row folded, there's plenty of room and the 2nd row is roomy. Has a 4-cyl, 5-sp stick or 6-sp auto.

I thought of this because I was just re-reading a Consumer Reports test. The top sticker price of one of these would be $23,000 and that's with the killer navigation system. More than likely they would probably be around $18,000 to $21,000 for most regularly equipped 5's. The bumper-to-bumper warranty is long, 4 years, 50K miles.

We saw this at the Detroit Auto Show and liked it. It's even roomier than the Mazda6 wagon, which surprised us.

Now it's just on my list of "cars to get when the Aztek dies", but the only drawback I see is that it does not have traction control, nor is AWD an option.

Duck
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.