Walmart, Target, Home Depot and Lowe’s

A Dairy Queen the other day had closed its dining room. Only drive up available. That probably allowed reducing staff.

The Wendy’s I have commented on from time to time over the past year: dining room closed, drive-up only, only open until 3pm, until a couple months ago, when the store closed entirely, due to “staffing issues”. Looked on the Wendy’s corporate site store locator last week: that store has been deleted from the store list. Looked on Google Maps, which flags that store as “closed temporarily”.

At a Wendy’s/Tim’s combo, the Wendy’s dining room is almost always closed, drive-up only, while the dining room on the Tim’s side has been open for months. But the pop machine on the Tim’s side has been broken for two weeks. I had the snow tires taken off my car and the summer tires, on expen$ive alloy wheels, put on. Both of the drive-ups at the combo, Wendy’s and Tim’s, are narrow, with sharp turns, and big curbs, so I’ll not use the drive-up with the expen$ive wheels on the car, as I will not risk them getting damaged on the curbs.

Tried another Tim’s: dining room closed, drive-up only.

Tried another Wendy’s: dining room closed, drive-up only, though it appears to be in the process of a remodel, so that could be why the dining room was closed.

The two Arby’s near home? Well staffed, dining room open until 7pm.

The local “news” had another restaurant owner whining for the camera today: only has 6 servers, vs the usual 14, can’t get Styrofoam take-out food containers from his usual in-state supplier. Has to buy them off Amazon at four times the cost.

Steve